FIN facilitates the implementation of best practices for inclusive education for districts and schools. These are the type of services our network can provide to increase positive outcomes for students with disabilities.
FIN Facilitators can provide these customized services and supports below to districts, but not limited to the following:
- District needs assessment: District-level Best Practices for Inclusive Education (BPIE) assessment aligned to DBPIE Assessment Priority Indicator, surveys, interviews, checklists,
- District-based planning and problem-solving
- Professional development
- Repeated classroom visits/observation/feedback
- Ongoing, specific PD, technical assistance (TA) and follow-up to district teams
- Data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and progress monitoring for district-level teams
- Building capacity sessions for cadres in effective inclusive practices (e.g., facilitating and supporting school-level BPIE assessment)
- Co-training/co-facilitation with cadre members
- Facilitate teams/cadres with implementation of district-level collaborative learning structures: professional learning communities, webinars, online learning courses,
- Provision of research-based resources and related materials
- Coordination of site visits to model schools
- Multi-project collaboration to provide district support
- Support for family involvement to increase LRE and student achievement
- Data collection, evaluation and progress monitoring resources and tools
- Peers as Partners in Learning development and coaching for district personnel
FIN Facilitators can provide these customized services and supports below to schools, but not limited to the following:
- School and classroom needs assessment: School–level Best Practices for Inclusive Education (BPIE) assessment and/or classroom walkthroughs
- Ongoing school-level planning, and problem-solving in collaboration with district teams, school leadership teams, grade level teams, content area teams, individual teachers, and other special projects.
- Site-based, job-embedded professional development
- Classroom visits, feedback and follow-up
- Identify and implement progress monitoring and evaluation methods and strategies aligned with core and intensive instruction
- Site-based planning
- PD for school-based leadership (e.g., Principal’s Academy)
- Peers as Partners in Learning development and coaching for school personnel
Specially Designed Instruction
Two page tip sheet for working with students with Vision Impairments. This product was produced in collaboration with the Florida Instructional Material Center for the Visually Impaired. Click here to access additional resources.
Informational pamphlet for Pre-kindergarten (PreK) instructional staff that provides a definition and key elements of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in inclusive PreK learning environments.
Informational pamphlet, for Pre-kindergarten (PreK) instructional staff, that provides an Overview of the application of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in inclusive PreK learning environments.